Work Experience at Loopy Looks Costumes
Loopy Looks Costumes has been recognised by Cornwall Education Business Partnership as a Platinum Provider for Work Experience
What is a Platinum Provider?
A “Platinum Provider” is a placement provider who has reached a “Quality Standard” in terms of the experience they give a student whilst on Work Experience. The standard is based on the preparation and induction, support and guidance, range of tasks and the learning a student receives.
We are very pleased and proud to have achieved this award for our Work Experience placements!
If you are interested in theatre, costumes and/or makeup and think you would like to do Work Experience with us, please read our Welcome page and find out what we do.
If you are still interested
- Send us your CV and a letter of application to email@example.com
- Tell us days and times you are available to pay us a visit
- We will contact you and arrange a mutually convenient appointment
- We will give you a Guided Tour and tell you what to expect
If we offer you a placement we aim to give you an insight into all areas of the business and encourage you to develop Life Skills such as
- Team Work
WORK EXPERIENCE PROGRAMME
Saltash.net Community School – Pilot Scheme
In July 2006 we were invited by Saltash.net Community School to pilot a new scheme to provide Work Experience for students who had been unable to gain placements in the workplace
A classroom in the school was turned into Loopy Looks office and around 20 students were given the task of organising a ‘trade fair’ promoting Loopy Looks Costumes 6 main services to invited guests at the end of the week
The project proved extremely successful and we have been invited to repeat the exercise for Work Experience week in July 2007. If you would like to learn more about this project please contact us (Marilyn)
Working at Loopy Looks Costumes you will given the opportunity to see all aspects of the business and how it operates and in particular you will:-
- Be involved in business administration systems
- Use specialist make up products to do Face Painting and Theatrical Makeup
- Help put together costumes & accessories
- Deal with the hire and return of costumes
- Stock control
- Able to communicate with members of the public and the staff
- Good sense of humour
- Work well under pressure and keep your cool
- Work as a member of a team
- Be flexible and able to use your own initiative